Saturday, May 23, 2009

Is Youth The Baseball In America Focusing On Properly Developing Players


While I am working on some other posts I thought I would throw this questions out there. The reason I ask is because I have had a number of people approach me about youth baseball. I am talking about ages 5 - 14. My oldest kids are 4 years old so I am not immersed into youth baseball/softball just yet.

Everything I hear though seems to be very negative. I shouldn't say everything because I have people who tell me the good stuff as well but it does fall much more on the negative. It really made me start thinking if as a country we are developing our kids the right way.

I am reserving judgment here because like I said I have no first hand knowledge of what our kids are doing at that level on a daily basis. I am not on a witch hunt nor am I looking to bash youth baseball. I am simply asking your opinion. To be honest I am hoping to hear that's things are going well but I am asking for an honest evaluation whether it is positive or negative.

What I am looking for here is for our players, parents, and coaches in youth baseball to give their opinions about what they see. I would also like it if you would vote on the poll on this page about youth baseball.

I am going to write a series of articles on what I believe should be taught in youth baseball. My hope is I can help some of the players, parents, and coaches focus on the things that are most important to our players. I look forward to your responses!
Special Note: I am adding this after I have already posted this for about two hours now. After reading it again I am very concerned that it is coming off like I am questioning parents and coaches. That is not at all what I am doing here. I am simply trying to fill in my curiosity about some things I have heard.
I respect people who volunteer their time and trust me you can easily find people who don't like some of the decisions I have made. I am in the business of trying to be helpful with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>